Frequently Asked Questions
- How much wood is in a cord?
- A full cord is 4ft. high by 16ft. long. A face cord is an 8ft x 4ft pile of split firewood. It takes two face cords to make a full cord.
- What size are the wood pieces?
- The pieces are approximately 16-20 inches long and 4-6 inches wide.
- Where will you put the wood?
- We will stack it wherever you like, within reason. If your place is very far, an additional fee will apply.
- How long until I get my wood?
- Generally within 24 hours. When demand is high, you may have to wait a couple days. If you need it the same day, just ask. It might be possible.
Did you know?
There are over 40 million fireplaces in the U.S.
The use of woods as fuel will increase by 50% over the next two decades.
"Softwoods", such as pine and fur, should only be burned outdoors. Softwoods do not burn as long as hardwoods and emit creosote, which can gum up your chimney.
Firewood is environmentally friendly because using it results in virtually no 'fossil' carbon dioxide being added to our present environment and thus helps minimize the effects of climate change as compared to using gas, oil or coal.
Firewood supply can create local and rural jobs, revenue, and can play a minor role in reversing rural economic decline.
Firewood is also a renewable resource and using it today will not prevent our children and grandchildren from using firewood in the future.